Rules, regulations and class information
• Expert Men, Expert Women, Veterans (age 35 to 44), Single Speed, Sport, Beginners, Women, Masters
(age 45 and over), Juniors (age 16 and under) High School (age 18 and under), and Unicycle.
• Unless otherwise specified on a specific registration page, you may only enter one class per event.
EXAMPLE = If you are a 46 year old Expert riding a single speed you may enter either Expert -or-
Masters -or- Single Speed, NOT all of them!
• It is the racer’s responsibility to register for the correct class.
• All racers must LEGIBLY complete and sign a Standard Athlete’s Release / Entry Form each race day
at race registration.
• Minors MUST also have a parent or legal guardian sign their Standard Athlete’s Release / Entry Form
each day at race registration. Guardians must be present at the race.
• Pre-Registration Race Fees: Juniors/High school/Uni = $10, all other classes = $20.
• A few venues require a donation to the park or municipality for use of the venue. There will be an
additional charge of $2 at registration for these events.
• Race Day Registration fees: Juniors/High School/Uni = $15, all other classes $30
• Please see individual race registration pages for registration and race times.
RACE START TIMES
It is the racer’s responsibility to be at the Start Line on time.
• Lap Cards will be posted at the Finish Line showing the number of laps to go for the leading riders.
• Lapped riders will not be required to complete the entire course. They will be finished on the same lap
as the lead riders and be assigned a time and finishing place in the results as “one lap down”.
• Riders are required to clear out of the finish line area after finishing. Please keep the finish line area
open for other finishers.
• DO NOT go through the finish line again after you have finished.
• The results will be posted at www.monthofmud.com as soon as possible.
• The results are not considered official until they appear at www.monthofmud.com
• Racers may view the daily race results after finishing by viewing them over the Finish Line Official’s
shoulder as long as they do not interfere with the Official’s duties and keep the finish line area clear.
• Cash awards will be given out to the top three in each class as the riders finish.
• NOTE: Awards may be delayed a few minutes, as it often becomes hectic around the finish line. Please
remain in the finish area and listen for your name if you think you are in the money.
DROP RACE REGULATIONS, POINTS CLASSIFICATIONS AND SERIES TITLE REQUIREMENTS
• Series points are awarded to the top 15 finishers in each class at each event.
• Points are 15 for first, 14 for second, 13 for third down to 1 for fifteenth.
• One only needs to race in four out of five races to contend for series titles this year. If one races all 5 races, the race in which he/she accumulates the lowest points will be automatically dropped.
• The most points in 4 races will win the series title. In the event of a tie breaker, we will include the points accumulated in the fifth or dropped race.
• In order to contend for the series title, a racer must register for and start the final race at Ohiopyle. Points for that race may be dropped, however, the racer must be present at the finale in order to qualify for series title and prizes.
• Series Awards will be presented at the Awards Ceremony at the end of the final event. The top three points leaders in each class will be awarded plaques, merchandise and/or cash.
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
• Racers are REQUIRED to wear a helmet at all times while they are on their bike. This includes warm-
ups and cool-downs.
• Racers will be allowed outside help (replacement bike, assistance with repairs, etc.) while on the course.
We want you to finish.
• Any device using earplugs (ipods, MP3 players, cell phones, etc.) is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN! Use of
these items will result in an immediate disqualification.
• Any decisions of the Series Director, Board Directors, Race Promoter(s), Registration Staff, Marshal(s),
Race Official(s), Law Enforcement Officers and any other official Event Staff are FINAL and WITHOUT