• Expert Men
• Expert Women
• Vet Expert Men 40+
• Single Speed
• Sport Men
• Sport Women
• Masters Women 45+
• Masters Sport Men 45+
• Masters Sport Men 55+
• Fat Bike, Clydesdale (200lbs+)
• Beginner Men
• Beginner Women
• High School Boys 15+
• High School Girls 15+
• Juniors Boys 14 and under
• Juniors Girls 14 and under
• Kids 10 and Under
• Unicycle (CX only)
Unless otherwise specified on a specific registration page, you may only enter one class per event. It is the racer’s responsibility to register for the correct class.
EXAMPLE = If you are a 46 year old Expert level man riding a singlespeed bike, you may enter either Expert, Vet Expert, Masters 45+, or Single Speed, NOT all of them!
• All racers must LEGIBLY complete and sign a Standard Athlete’s Release / Entry Form before each race at check in.
• Minors MUST also have a parent or legal guardian sign their Standard Athlete’s Release / Entry Form each day at race registration. Guardians must be present at the race.
• Please see home page for registration links.
• RACE DAY REGISTRATION PRICE INCREASES $10 PER CLASS
• You will receive a number plate when you check in during the first race you attend.
• YOU WILL USE THIS SAME NUMBER PLATE AT EVERY RACE YOU ATTEND.
• There will be a $10 charge for replacement number plates.
RACE START TIMES
• Race times will be listed on specific Bike Reg pages as well as individual race pages.
• It is the racer’s responsibility to be at the Start Line on time.
• Lap Cards will be posted at the Finish Line showing the number of laps to go for the leading riders for Cyclocross/short track style races.
• Lapped riders will not be required to complete the entire course. They will be finished on the same lap as the lead riders and be assigned a time and finishing place in the results as “one lap down”.
• Riders are required to clear out of the finish line area after finishing. Please keep the finish line area open for other finishers.
• DO NOT go through the finish line again after you have finished.
• The results will be posted at monthofmud.com as soon as possible.
• The results are not considered official until they appear posted on monthofmud.com
• Racers may view the daily race results after finishing by viewing them over the Finish Line Official’s shoulder as long as they do not interfere with the Official’s duties and keep the finish line area clear.
DROP RACE REGULATIONS, POINTS CLASSIFICATIONS AND SERIES TITLE REQUIREMENTS
• Points awarded at each race: 15 points for 1st, 14 points for 2nd, 13 points for 3rd..etc.
• One only needs to race in four races to contend for series titles. If one races all races, the races in which he/she accumulates the lowest points will be automatically dropped.
• The most points in 4 races will win the series title. In the event of a tie breaker, we will include the points accumulated in the fifth or dropped race.
• In order to contend for the series title, a racer must register for and start the final race at Ohiopyle. Points for that race may be dropped, however, the racer must be present at the finale in order to qualify for series title and awards
• Series Awards will be presented at the Awards Ceremony at the end of the final event. The top three points leaders in each class will be awarded cash payout & prizes.
SERIES OVERALL GRAND CHAMP TITLE
• To qualify for the Month of Mud Series Overall Grand Champ, one needs to race in 5 races in any expert category, and must start the final race at Ohiopyle. Racer must be present at the finale in order to qualify for Grand Champ Purse.
• This is based on Overall placement in expert field in each race, not per category or points. Overall winners are those who finish first regardless of categories.
• In the event of a tie, the final race at Ohiopyle will be the tiebreaker.
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
• Racers are REQUIRED to wear a helmet at all times while they are on their bike. This includes warm-ups and cool-downs.
• Racers will be allowed outside help (replacement bike, assistance with repairs, etc.) while on the course. We want you to finish.
• Any device using earplugs (ipods, MP3 players, cell phones, etc.) is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN! Use of these items will result in an immediate disqualification.
• Any decisions of the Series Director, Board Directors, Race Promoter(s), Registration Staff, Marshal(s), Race Official(s), Law Enforcement Officers and any other official Event Staff are FINAL and WITHOUT recourse.